Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Escape From (And Return To) Rivet City

(Fallout 3 story!)

So back in the day, my favorite place to wreak havoc was Rivet City. This huge boat, filled with people I found to be mostly just annoying, made for many opportunities to bother them. I would often climb on top of Bannon's shop and shoot the items off the shelves in Seagrave's shop. People would walk by and look at me and I would shoot the ground next to them and tell them to move it the fuck along.

When I first got to Rivet City, I met a chick named Mei Wong who told me she was an ex-slave. Noted. I went on to talk to everybody else, until finally running into a dude named Sister. One of the first things I could tell him was that so-and-so used to be slave. He leaves suddenly and I get negative karma! What the hell, I think. I tell everyone about Paulie's horrible chem addictions, why did I suddenly get frowned at for this? Granted everyone already knew about Paulie...you can't walk within 10 feet of the dude without him asking if you wanna go do some Buffout! No Paulie. I get my strength from whiskey, leave me alone. Go bankrupt your wife's shop or something.

I investigate this Sister dude further and find out that he used to be slaver and presumably, recaptured Mei and she's gone for good now. Well, suck. I'm not talking to him anymore.

I find Angela, and ask her how the seducing Diego thing is going. OH IF ONLY SHE HAD SOME ROOFIES I MEAN ANT QUEEN PHEROMONES. Well hey, I got some of those. I give 'em to her and she is like oh my god yes getting some from a celibate priest guy tonight.

I visit Flak, buy some .308 ammo. I tell James Hargrave to run away from home and he does. I laugh heartily.

I can't get this annoyance at Sister out of my head though. I gotta...I gotta kill him. I have to.

Oh let me check on Angela first. They're getting married! The wedding is tomorrow at 3pm! Fuck, you guys don't waste any time. And I'm invited! Awesome!

I go looking for Sister and find his room. I know! I'll rob him first, then he'll walk into his empty pillaged room and I will pop out and shoot him! Hahahaha! I pick the lock and find that this fucker has NOTHING. He has a pile of scrap metal for me to steal. Fuck. God fucking dammit. There goes ALL OF THE EFFECT now. I stand there for the second when I see him bed. Ooooohmuahahaha. I will put...a mine. IN. HIS. BED. I check the clock. 8 pm. Wait til after the wedding tomorrow? No, I am impatient.

I throw the mine down and go stand outside his room. I wait an hour. Wait another hour. ANOTHER HOUR. C'mon dude. I look inside. The mine is still there, where is he? I wait another hour.

...

BLAM!

Suddenly everyone turns to attack me, as Sister has met his end on his bed. FUCK! Fuck fuck, I gotta run! I head down a hallway into door that says Stairwell. Up the stairwell, out the door and...shit shit shit. This is the top of the boat! No bridge to shore here! Fuck fuck! Uuhhh. I turn around to see security running out the door after me. I look over the edge of the boat. I..I think I can survive that? I hit a Med-X, back up, run and jump for it!

SPLOOSH!

I hit the water and survive, turning back to yell "SEE YOU TOMORROW FOR THE WEDDING!" I swim to shore, fast travel to Megaton, unload my stuff, take a quick sleep and fast travel back to Rivet City. I hurry down the bridge to find that everyone has stopped being mad at me, although the guard looked at me and said he was looking for troublemakers, have I seen any?

No sir officer.

I rush back inside, searching for the chapel. Finally find it, and awkwardly take a seat right up front just as Angela and Diego say their "I do"s and I get some good karma.

SUCCESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment