Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Lookout Bah-Low Me

I am going to write, for a while, about Point Lookout. It might take multiple entries. Two, maybe three. It might even take four of these goddamn things. This is because I went through entire area just ANGRY at every single person I encountered, save for two. Wait three. I forgot about the lady that'll make moonshine for me.

Mmmm Moonshine.

One day while wandering the Capital Wasteland, I come across a lady near a boat. Oh help me find my daughter, she shrieks. She went somewhere, probably on that boat. I stare at her skeptically. Go on a boat, huh? On a river huh? Uuuuuh, well, I'd love to help find one person who left of their own accord, but I got this whole...purifying vast amounts of water for the Wasteland thing that I'm working on? But I tell you what, I'll tuck this away on my little Pip-Boy here and get to it uh...laaaaater.

Sometime probably like MONTHS later, I'm scrolling through my quests and I see this thing about taking a boat and finding a girl and it sounds better than anything else I have left that I could possible do, and I already bothered that scribe at the purifier today, so...riverboat it is, I guess.

I give the guy on the boat some caps and he tells me to go take a nap. He also tells me that Fawkes can't come along, which makes angry already because Fawkes is just a guy and he will definitely fit on that boat and I have enough caps for both of us. BRING MY FRIEND ASSHOLE. Alas, he would not.

I get to this horrible land that I am already disgusted by and this is after hanging out in the WASTELAND. This place is awful. Where can I get a shower? Oh I can't. Oh right, I left all the purified water I swim around in back in the goddamn Capital Wasteland. Fucking shit.

Someone suggests I go check out this mansion because I have the look of a person who wants a mansion or wants to steal everything in a mansion. I get there and a ghoul in a suit is fighting with a bunch of dudes in hardly anything. I stare at all of them. I hope for a while that everyone will die in this fight. Ghoul in the suit prevails and introduces himself as Desmond. And I need to help him. Uuuuuuuh. I don't know if--oh we're going. We're doing something already. Oh god more dudes are attacking what the fuck. Can I leave? This is...I want to leave.

Too late to leave now though, dudes are attacking! So I help Desmond defend his mansion, thinking maybe he'll say less asshole-y things to me after I help him out. I don't know WHY I think this; it never happens. People whose lives I have LITERALLY SAVED MYSELF are still assholes to me.

The tribals finally all dead and murdered and were mostly just carrying fucking punga fruit, so I go back to Desmond.

"Hey Des, I helped with this whole thing stuff so you're welcome. Uh, I was looking for a chick, I think so it would be much appreciated if you could just point me in the ri-"
"YOU NEED TO GO ATTACK THOSE TRIBALS FOR ME"
"I uuuuuuh..."
"GOOOOO!"



I don't like you.

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment